Popular on PrZen
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept 333
- Goldstein Market Intelligence Expands its Intelligence Capabilities in UK with Senior Appointment 105
- Attention Bankoh Investment Customers Who Were Sold Northstar Financial Services (Bermuda) Ltd
- Successful Black Lawyers Share Lessons Learned and Provide Mentorship in a New Compilation Book
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Atlanta Church Teaches Youth How To Engage With Police; And Empowers Voter Rights At Virtual Summit
- NC-16 Teenage Web Series is Now Available Released on SeekaTV
- CST Group, CPAs Launches its New Outsourced Accounting Company, District Advisory
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
- Stay Two Nights, Get One Free – Wyndham Tempts Visitors with Extra Points!
"Statistically, women live longer than men. In fact, 25 percent will see their late 90s. So, it stands to reason they should not collect at 62. Yet many do, essentially derailing their retirement income before they even get started," said Mantell, who is also the author of What's The Deal With Retirement Planning for Women, as well as the BoomerRetirementBriefs.com blog. "That's just one scenario I dive into in the book."
Said Mantell, "What makes Social Security a more challenging topic for many women, particularly Baby Boomers, is that men are more likely to manage the household's finances and retirement investing. Consequently, many lady Boomers are in the dark about their money for retirement and the important role Social Security can play in it. This book addresses those situations head on. I want to uncover some of the Social Security secrets for women before they claim their benefit."
Using real-life examples and interviews with some incredible women, What's The Deal With Social Security for Women delves into a myriad of Social Security scenarios that take some of mystery out of the decisions.
The book is set up in three distinct sections: Part 1 covers Social Security Basics from a bit of history to how your benefits are calculated; Part 2 explores the 4 Social Security claiming strategies for women who are married, divorced, widowed, or single; plus, some crazy situations with WEP & GPO; and Part 3 includes more Social Security must-knows and a final baker's dozen of take-aways to help women stake their Social Security claim wisely and well.
In addition, What's The Deal With Social Security for Women offers background information on the Social Security program and the critical role women have played in its initiation and history. For example, the architect behind the Social Security Act was Secretary of Labor Frances Perkins. She was the first woman to hold a Cabinet position and served in the FDR administration.
The first recipient of a Social Security check was also a woman. And Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has been instrumental in removing gender biases from various protections.
"The number one question I get when I talk to women is whether Social Security will even be there for them," said Mantell. "While there is the potential for some changes to come, there is sufficient funding for the program to pay its obligations for decades into the future. But it was never meant to replace your paycheck. Social Security has always been a modest safety net for your retirement years. That's why the decision when you claim is such a critical one."
In addition to her books and blog, Mantell is the principal of Mantell Retirement Consulting, Inc., a retirement business development, marketing communications and education company supporting the financial services industry. She's also a sought-after speaker for corporate and civic events and covers financial topics dealing with Baby Boomers.
To learn more or buy a copy of What's The Deal With Social Security for Women, visit Amazon.com.
For more information on Boomer workshops and speaking engagements, you can contact Mantell at 781-559-8260 or email@example.com.
About Mantell Retirement Consulting, Inc:
Launched in 2005, Mantell Retirement Consulting, Inc. is a retirement business development, marketing communications, and education company supporting the financial services industry. Additionally, Mantell Retirement Consulting President and Founder Marcia Mantell develops and conducts innovative retirement income planning workshops and programs for advisors and their clients, comprehensive retirement education programs and seminars for consumers, and Money Basics workshops to help high school students and young adults start out on solid financial footing.
For more information, visit https://mantellretirementconsulting.com/ or call 781-559-8260.
Steven V. Dubin, PR Works
Latest on PrZen
- BREAKING: #QMI #QMR Investigation Team has Released Status of our Investigation of the #QuinnMichaels #KidnappingCase
- Original Art and Photography by Award-Winning Filmmaker, Artist, Director, Producer and Writer Gina Lee Ronhovde Now Available on Redbubble & Society6
- Infamous Thierry Releases Official Music Video for Hit Single "Buss Down"
- SG24 LLC Issues Voluntary Nationwide Recall of SkinGuard24 Hand Sanitizer Labeled to Contain Methanol
- Keys to Ease Concierge Realtors, Luxury Home Marketing Specialists
- 25 Sexual Abuse Victims Sue Pittsburgh Catholic Diocese
- From Pain to Beauty: The Journey of An Abstract Artist
- Gino Odjick Interview With I Only Touch Greatness Podcast
- Ideanomics Q2 Highlights - Revenues Increase - 50% Debt Reduction - $36 M Cash
- SFO Commodities Joins RCM Ag Services To Expand Offerings for Local and Commercial Agriculture Operations
- Pressure Filtration System Industry Report 2017-2030 by Goldstein Market Intelligence
- TaxCon's keynote speakers welcome attendees to event
- Global Vacuum Filtration System Industry Report 2017-2030 by Goldstein Market Intelligence
- If you've lost a job and are struggling during the pandemic, choosing the right credit card could relieve stress
- WA Public Relations Company is Giving A Voice to Black Businesses in America
- Design and Order Name Badges Online with New Online Virtual Name Badge Designer
- Local Abstract Artist Offers New Painting for One Million Dollars
- DMS Recognized For Its Steady Growth With Seventh Consecutive Spot On Inc. 5000 List As It Transitions From Private To Publicly Held Company
- Tire Recycling Sector to Grow Over 5% Annually Through 2030 Reports Goldstein market Intelligence
- MIRAmedtech and Bio-Infusions Join Forces in Bringing Aesthetic Medical Innovations to the USA