Popular on PrZen
- KYC2020 Awarded as a Global Leader in AML Compliance by RegTech Analyst 104
- ZMBIZI and Qnext announce a global partnership to integrate FileFlex on all ZMBIZI smartphones
- 4th Annual "Hollywood China Night" Oscars® Party Set for The Beverly Hilton, Beverly Hills, California, USA, on Sunday, February 9, 2020
- Chinese IT companies expand collaboration with Russia
- Tomahawk Robotics selected for UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) Nano Unmanned Air Systems (nUAS) Experimentation Programme
- 7th Annual Global Bars Day: 23 January 2020
- Hollywood Tribute® Event celebrates & recognizes extraordinary women of all ages and backgrounds
- Daniel Imperato v Securities exchange.( I ) 2020 Fraud upon court denial constitutional rights
- Brooklyn To Kick Off 2021 With A New Tradition Set to Rival Times Square New Year's Eve
- Innovative Environmental Technologies, Inc. (IET) Announces the Aquisition of A E Drilling Services, LLC
"Statistically, women live longer than men. In fact, 25 percent will see their late 90s. So, it stands to reason they should not collect at 62. Yet many do, essentially derailing their retirement income before they even get started," said Mantell, who is also the author of What's The Deal With Retirement Planning for Women, as well as the BoomerRetirementBriefs.com blog. "That's just one scenario I dive into in the book."
Said Mantell, "What makes Social Security a more challenging topic for many women, particularly Baby Boomers, is that men are more likely to manage the household's finances and retirement investing. Consequently, many lady Boomers are in the dark about their money for retirement and the important role Social Security can play in it. This book addresses those situations head on. I want to uncover some of the Social Security secrets for women before they claim their benefit."
Using real-life examples and interviews with some incredible women, What's The Deal With Social Security for Women delves into a myriad of Social Security scenarios that take some of mystery out of the decisions.
The book is set up in three distinct sections: Part 1 covers Social Security Basics from a bit of history to how your benefits are calculated; Part 2 explores the 4 Social Security claiming strategies for women who are married, divorced, widowed, or single; plus, some crazy situations with WEP & GPO; and Part 3 includes more Social Security must-knows and a final baker's dozen of take-aways to help women stake their Social Security claim wisely and well.
In addition, What's The Deal With Social Security for Women offers background information on the Social Security program and the critical role women have played in its initiation and history. For example, the architect behind the Social Security Act was Secretary of Labor Frances Perkins. She was the first woman to hold a Cabinet position and served in the FDR administration.
The first recipient of a Social Security check was also a woman. And Supreme Court Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg has been instrumental in removing gender biases from various protections.
"The number one question I get when I talk to women is whether Social Security will even be there for them," said Mantell. "While there is the potential for some changes to come, there is sufficient funding for the program to pay its obligations for decades into the future. But it was never meant to replace your paycheck. Social Security has always been a modest safety net for your retirement years. That's why the decision when you claim is such a critical one."
In addition to her books and blog, Mantell is the principal of Mantell Retirement Consulting, Inc., a retirement business development, marketing communications and education company supporting the financial services industry. She's also a sought-after speaker for corporate and civic events and covers financial topics dealing with Baby Boomers.
To learn more or buy a copy of What's The Deal With Social Security for Women, visit Amazon.com.
For more information on Boomer workshops and speaking engagements, you can contact Mantell at 781-559-8260 or email@example.com.
About Mantell Retirement Consulting, Inc:
Launched in 2005, Mantell Retirement Consulting, Inc. is a retirement business development, marketing communications, and education company supporting the financial services industry. Additionally, Mantell Retirement Consulting President and Founder Marcia Mantell develops and conducts innovative retirement income planning workshops and programs for advisors and their clients, comprehensive retirement education programs and seminars for consumers, and Money Basics workshops to help high school students and young adults start out on solid financial footing.
For more information, visit https://mantellretirementconsulting.com/ or call 781-559-8260.
Steven V. Dubin, PR Works
Latest on PrZen
- Thiel College names Anthony Kos, Ph.D. new Business Administration and Accounting Chair
- Audience Serv Indonesia Drives More Direct Bookings In 2020
- San Francisco Opens The First Housing Program For Transgender & Gender Nonconforming Adults
- Diligence Capital Advisors Arranges Acquisition to Construction Loan for 37 Unit, Mixed-Use Project in South Kensington
- Part 2 of The Ken Fee Collection of Mostly Western Bitters Bottles Will Be Sold Online, Feb. 14-23
- Rape Victim Strikes Back At Janitorial Industry Giant
- Great Gulf Features Holistic Beauty Expert Tammy Fender Services at La Clara Luxury Residences
- Professional Women Need P.O.W.E.R.!
- SeniorMatch.com Enrolls its Millionth Senior Single for Mature Dating
- Linksys And Axiros Enter Into Strategic Partnership
- NRVT Explodes Into The Universe With Sizzling New Singles
- Axiros Solution Enables WND UK, Sigfox Operator For United Kingdom To Manage CPEs On Their Network
- Affordable Art Offered in Shannon's Online Sale Now Through January 23rd
- Belinda Goodrich ranked on Amazon best-seller list with new book, Get It Done: A Simple Process for Finding Harmony by Destroying Your To-Do List
- Actress Alessia Franchin Slated to Play a Lead role in "The Star Machine"
- BiKi's Ethan Ng Addresses the Rise of Central Bank Digital Currencies
- Poster Auctions International's Rare Posters Auction #80 Features 520 Rare and Iconic Works
- The OnDemand Venture Capital ™
- Industrial Microwave Machine Manufacturer
- LED Panel Backlit Translucent Material