Popular on PrZen
- Arcuity Ai, Inc. Launch Of Blockchain Platform To Authenticate Record Orders For California Workers Compensation
- Join Artemis Women In Action Film Festival for an Incredible 4-Day Celebration of Female Action & Empowerment Heroes, Starting Thurs., April 25, 2019!
- New Guide Book for Entrepreneurs "Signs You Might Be An Entrepreneur" Enjoys Positive Reviews Internationally
- Chart-Topping Hip-Hop Artist Deshawn White Goes For His Second Wind With His 2019 EP Release Titled 'Power Trip'
- GirlsCode Members Doing Their Part to Close Gender Gap in Tech
- DMS CEO Joe Marinucci Named Finalist For Prestigious E&Y Entrepreneur Of The Year Award
- Saf-Gard/Vulcan Safety Shoe Company Opens Location in Charleston, SC
- Sri Lankan Suicide Bombers: More Examples of Family Affiliated Terrorism
- India's French Connection: Indian Artists in France at DAG New York through May 24
- Acumentrics, Inc. Receives Grant From The Commonwealth Of Massachusetts For Workforce Training
The 2019 awards will include the introduction of the Laura Ditka Award for Advocacy and Service, which serves as a way to commemorate the life and incredible career of Laura Ditka who passed away in 2018. Ditka had dedicated her life to public service, law enforcement, and supporting victims. Each year this honor will be bestowed upon a woman who has dedicated her time to advocating for women and children.
This year the Women of Achievement event will also feature a new accolade, the National Junior Woman of Achievement Award. This Award will honor Isabella Chavez, 16, founder of Cribs Without Borders which provides safe sleeping environments to less fortunate newborns across all borders.
"It is our privilege to recognize all of these distinguished women who are making a difference in their communities. Their endeavors are truly inspiring, and we commend them for all they have accomplished and will accomplish in the future. We would also like to express our sincerest gratitude to all those who have helped make this event a success," said Judith A. Bannon, Founder and Executive Director of Cribs for Kids.
2019 Distinguished Honorees Include:
Dr. Lisa M. Abel-Palmieri, Ph.D.: Boys and Girls Clubs of Western Pennsylvania
Heather Abraham: KDKA TV
Rosemary C. Crawford: Crawford McDonald, LLC
LaRae Danielle Cullens: Dream2S.T.E.A.M, A Child's Place Inc., Wright Childcare Solutions
Kierra Falbo, MPO: Orthotics Resident at the University of Michigan
Susan Fancsali: USA Ambassador Ms. Pennsylvania
Renee DeMichiei Farrow: Architectural Innovations
Anissa Gilbert: PNC Bank
Claire Guth: University of Pittsburgh Manufacturing Assistance Center
Dr. Karen Hall, MSOL, Ed.D: ESPN3 Sports Broadcasting Company
Sarah Homitsky, MD: Allegheny Health Network
Magdeline Jensen: Retired, YWCA Greater Pittsburgh
Katharine Kelleman: Port Authority of Allegheny County
Heather Lyke: University of Pittsburgh Athletics
Christina Orr Magulick: Gordon Rees Scully Mansukhani, LLP
Lauren McLean: The Still Remembered Project
Gretchen Mullin-Sawicki, Ph.D.: Community College of Allegheny County
Pamela Pitell: Don Parker Sales Inc
Christine Ree: Township of Moon
Diane Scabilloni: First National Bank
Dana Slizik: Dana Ann Slizik Consulting
Victoria Snyder, M.Ed, MSLP: Ya Momz House, Inc., Hip-Hop on L.O.C.K., OpticVoices
Grainne Trainor: Blue North Restaurant
Tomilyn Ward LPC, MPC, NCC: MAYA Organization
Antonia Whitehead M.S.Ed.: Holy Family Institute
2019 Title Sponsors: Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield together with Allegheny Health Network.
2019 Additional Sponsors: UPMC, Pittsburgh Pirates, The Maya Organization, Beyond Spots & Dots, Nextier Bank, Centimark.
About the Women of Achievement Awards - Founded in 2002 by Bonnie DeCarlo and JoAnn Forrester, the Women of Achievement Awards is an event honoring Western Pennsylvania's most outstanding women who have demonstrated a commitment to the betterment of their communities, excellence in their professional fields or outstanding accomplishments for the advancement of women. The annual awards ceremony raises funds for Cribs for Kids.
About Cribs for Kids - Cribs for Kids is a national infant safe-sleep education program that helps to reduce the risk of injury and death of infants due to accidental suffocation, asphyxia, or undetermined causes in unsafe sleeping environments. Since 1998, Cribs for Kids has been making an impact on reducing the rate of infant sleep-related deaths by educating parents and caregivers on the importance of practicing safe sleep and providing portable cribs to families who otherwise cannot afford a safe place for their babies to sleep. Headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA, Cribs for Kids currently has more than 1400 partners throughout the United States implementing infant safe-sleep programs in their communities. Visit cribsforkids.org for more information.
Note to editors: For more information, news and perspectives from Cribs for Kids, journalists and analysts may call 412-322-5680, ext.117. Web links, telephone numbers, and titles were correct at time of publication but may have changed.
Cribs for Kids
5450 Second Avenue Pittsburgh, PA 15207
412-322-5680 ext. 11
Latest on PrZen
- How to choose a detoxification centre that works
- Endovenous laser therapy (evlt)
- All You Need to Know About Dental Implants
- Emerald mineral and their properties
- Acumentrics, Inc. to Demonstrate Autonomous Power for Critical Missions During SOFIC 2019
- World Series Of Fighting Launches Its Grappling Division With "Submission 1" In Las Vegas
- Metric Office Furniture Continues Business Growth
- Thiel College hosts local community for Sharon Regional health and wellness series
- How effective is Coolsculpting for your health?
- Benefits of Using Dental Implants
- Check Dentist Reviews To Find A Perfect Dentist
- Top Reasons To Find A Best And Professional Dentist
- Carefully choose a pain specialist
- Acunetix Vulnerability Scanner Now With Network Security Scans
- Choosing a Cool sculpting provider
- Considerations When Searching a Capable Dentist
- Maapera Analytics Awarded Product Demonstration Program
- At age 78, Grandma of Brazil becomes an influencer of fashion and behavior on Instagram
- The Cerebral Palsy Foundation Launches New Universal Homes "Accessibility is Beautiful" Initiative on Global Accessibility Awareness Day 2019
- Nonprofits First Releases 501cPro Toolkit Invaluable Tool for Growing Nonprofits