Popular on PrZen
- Case Study: Using Vedic Astrology for Predicting Stock Market Crash
- Children's Hunger Fund Responds to COVID-19
- CoronaHub Slack community combats Coronavirus
- Astor Capital On Acquisition Trail in Asia
- myLAB Box Announces Pre-sale of At-home COVID-19 Test
- Astor Looking to Acquire ZZ Capital and Convoy Asset Management
- Sunny Side Up Film Festival Coming to Iconic Coleman Theatre March 20-22
- Kyocera Highlights Total Rugged Mobile Solutions For Construction And More At Conexpo-conagg 2020
- 2000 Points Drop In Dow Jones Index Was Predicted Using Vedic Astrology On Feb 7, 2020
- Keeping Food Safe During the Coronavirus: Purfresh's Ozone Technology Mitigates Virus Contamination
Discovery Map of Newport is the fourth map owned by Hans. She also owns and operates Discovery Map of Mad River Valley, Discovery Map of Waterbury, Vermont and Discovery Map of Stowe, Vermont.
"Our family has owned a home and vacationed in Newport for years. When the map became available, we leapt at the chance to take over the reins," said Hans. "The best part of buying the map was the timing, just in time to celebrate its 25th anniversary."
A mother of two, Hans started her Discovery Map career a few years after re-entering the job market. Desiring a more flexible schedule to fit in with her daughters' school schedule, she jumped at the opportunity to purchase the Discovery Map of Mad River Valley map.
"I was new to sales but since we lived in Waitsfield, the home of the Mad River map, I knew a lot of the stores and some of the store owners. The social part of just getting out and meeting/visiting our advertisers really appealed to me. It's something that's carried over to the other two maps and am looking to do the same with Discovery Map of Newport," said Hans.
Discovery Maps are colorful, hand-drawn maps that have become a favorite of travelers for navigating local dining, attractions, businesses, cultural experiences and tourist destinations. Discovery Map of Newport includes sites and destinations within the city and neighboring communities. That includes the cliff walk and the mansions of Newport, the Tennis Hall of Fame, First Beach, Fort Adams State Park and more.
"A lot has changed over the past 25 years. Back in 1995, most people weren't even on the Internet," said Hans. "Our maps have changed somewhat but remain true to the original vision. With the added online presence, Discovery Map of Newport is primed for another 25 years."
Discovery Maps are typically found on display in local stores, restaurants, hotels and tourist attractions. In addition, DiscoveryMap.com offers curated content to complement/supplement the printed map. The interactive map found the website is to scale, thus can be used for turn-by-turn directions, as well as to access detailed information about areas of interest, places to eat, lodging and other noteworthy sites.
"As much as we rely on our smartphones, people still prefer printed-out maps," said Hans, who resides in Waitsfield VT with her husband Peter and their two daughters. "Although Discovery Map has a great website and online presence, the maps are truly like works of art and reveal the character of an area... and there is a lot of that in Newport."
For local businesses interested in placing an ad in the upcoming Discovery Map of Newport, to be published and distributed in June 2020, ad space is still available. Interested merchants can call (802) 917-1228 or email email@example.com.
Discovery Map International has more than 130 maps nationwide. More than 6,000 businesses advertise on Discovery Maps across the U.S. One annual ad on Discovery Map reaches, on average, 500,000 visitors. Discovery Map advertisers renew their ads at a very high rate and some of the older Discovery Map locations have businesses who have been advertising on the same map for more than 20 years.
For more information on the Discovery Map opportunity, visit https://discoverymap.com
About Discovery Map International, Inc:
Discovery Map International is the country's leading provider of curated guides to top tourist destinations, cities and towns throughout North America. The distinctively colorful, hand-drawn maps are a favorite of travelers for navigating local dining, attractions, businesses, cultural experiences, ski destinations – and even the best locations to take selfies. Discovery Maps can be found in local hotels, restaurants, shops, visitor information centers and other participating venues, and at discoverymap.com. Named by Forbes as "one of the best franchises to buy" in 2015, Discovery Map International is headquartered in Waitsfield, VT, in the heart of the Green Mountains.
For information about the Discovery Map International franchise opportunity, visit https://discoverymapfranchise.com or call 802-316-4060.
Steven V. Dubin, PR Works
Filed Under: Tourism
Latest on PrZen
- Eat Locally - Businesses Supporting Local Restaurants
- Slim LED Light Box in 10mm,16mm and 20mm with 5 Years Warranty and Custom Sizes
- Class Claims LLC Announces Practice to Assist Businesses with Government Loans and Grants
- ASI's 2020 Partner & Client Conference Goes Virtual as "iNNOVATIONS LIVE"
- Tampa President & Firm Found Guilty of Fraud - Plaintiff Awarded Nearly $1 Million
- New Study: MindSciences Unwinding Anxiety App Reduces Physician Anxiety and Cynicism by Half
- Advanced Fever-detection Technology to Protect Against COVID-19 Launched by National Life Safety / Security Provider
- Charlotte-Based Real Estate Tech Startup Close Off Market, Inc. Launches New (Beta) Platform
- Arizona Businesswoman Launches Giveaway to Support Students During School Closure
- Ideanomics Announces Operations Back to Normal; Announces $8.1 Million in Orders
- IAOP Announces New Initiative with Its Impact Sourcing Champions Index
- AFOP Announces its 2020 Farmworker Children Essay and Art Contest
- Care Packages to Frontline Workers Delivered by Erasable Inc. of Tampa with Partners ZO Skin Health and HydraFacial
- Exquisite home for sale in an equestrian community!
- Tip: COVID-19 hand dermatitis prevention
- edjuster Ensures Continuity of Services Across North America During COVID-19 Impact
- Helping to Build Ventilators in the Coronavirus Pandemic
- New Book Announcement: Executive Engagement Strategies—How to Have Conversations and Develop Relationships that Build B2B Business
- Social Distancing Sign Solutions - Webster Printing Rolls Out New Division
- STG Logistics handles first FEMA charter of medical supplies