Popular on PrZen
- Screening Eagle Launches New Ultrasonic Method for Pile Testing
- ACN Inc. Reaches Agreement for the Purchase of Assets of Kynect Ltd
- Screening Eagle Presents the New Wave of AI-Powered Ultrasonic Innovation
- Institute honors industrial engineers, features Apple's CEO Tim Cook at Q&A forum
- Country New Comer Sam L. Smith to release new single
- DuraFast Label Company Now Shipping Epson ColorWorks C6500 Color Label Printers in Large Quantities
- Work 365 announces integration with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central for subscription billing and invoicing
- ABM in a Transformed World: An Update to the Most Comprehensive Guide on Account-Based Marketing
- Wellspring Responds to Urgent Needs in the Face of Earthquakes on Rwanda-Congo Border
- The South Florida International Film Festival Awards Show for May 2021 Celebrated Filmmakers and Screenwriters
The sale is officially titled an Estate Treasures Auction; featuring property from the Estate of Judith Applegate, Princeton, NJ. The auction will begin promptly at 10 am Eastern time. Internet bidding will be provided by LiveAuctioneers.com and Invaluable.com. The catalog will also be posted to the Nye & Company website (www.nyeandcompany.com) prior to Valentine's Day.
"We are thrilled to be offering property from the collection of Judith Appelgate" said Andrew Holter of Nye & Company Auctioneers. "Judith was well-known in the museum field, auction and art worlds. She has served in a curatorial capacity at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and at the DeCordova Musuem. She also had experience working at auction houses and was the owner of Applegate Appraisals, and she was an adjunct professor at a number of universities including Harvard, Tufts, Boston College, the Cooper-Hewitt Museum and the Bard Graduate Center."
Her collection is the quintessential traditional English country house collection. Featuring a wide variety of 17th through 19th century English and American furniture, silver, early brass, delftware, porcelain, paintings and prints. Of exceptional note is a terrific still-life painting of peaches and grapes by George Henry Hall and a fabulous landscape by the American artist, Eugene Leslie Smythe (1857-1932).
Additional highlights include a superb collection of 17th, 18th and 19th century Continental and English brass candlesticks, a 17th century English oak court cupboard, an American Queen Anne cherrywood chest-on-chest and more. Some country English furniture, such as the Cricket table and Windsor chairs transcend their utilitarian purposes becoming sculpture.
The sale also includes two early cast iron stove plates from the Eric Martin Wunsch collection. Mr. Wunsch was an early and highly respected New York City collector of early American furniture, silver, Old Master Paintings and early glass.
Moving away from the early traditional collecting oeuvre, they have a nice selection of early 20th century art glass from a private New Jersey and New York collection. Works include a Rene Lalique Los Angeles and Ronsard vase, several Tiffany favrile glass pieces, Steuben and Quezal Art glass round out the collection. There's an Art Glass "Clam Shell" centerpiece by James Nowak and a Swedish glass sculpture from Chris Heilman's Coral Reef Series.
People can bid in person, by phone, in absentia and online. An online preview will be held February 14th-26th at www.nyeandcompany.com. First-hand gallery previews will be held Monday thru Friday, February 17th-25th from 10 am to 4 pm; and Sunday, February 23rd, from 12 noon to 4 pm. All times quoted are Eastern.
For more information about Nye & Company Auctioneers and the Estate Treasures Auction on Wednesday, Feb. 26, visit www.nyeandcompany.com. The full color catalog can be viewed around Feb. 14 at www.nyeandcompany.com, LiveAuctioneers.com and Invaluable.com.
About Nye & Company:
John Nye had a long and fruitful career at Sotheby's before he and his wife, Kathleen, acquired Dawson's in 2003 and started Dawson & Nye. With the move to Bloomfield, New Jersey seven years later, they renamed the business to Nye & Company (Auctioneers, Appraisers, Antiques). The firm is nationwide, but the vast bulk of the business comes from trusts and estates in the tri-state area.
Nye & Company Auctioneers
20 Beach Street
Bloomfield, NJ, USA 07003
Latest on PrZen
- What Marketers Are Missing About the Revenge Travel Boom
- EclecticIQ launches new platform and vision that re-imagines how threat intelligence is used in cyber defense
- Cryptsoft's KMIP technology strengthens security in Networked Energy Services' Advanced Metering Infrastructure solutions
- Syxsense Extends Enterprise Integration with Secure API
- From Berkshire to Hollywood: 1950s Style Seamed Stockings by Retro Lingerie Brand What Katie Did
- Fund Street Technologies Brand Named One of Florida's 'Best Companies To Work For' for the 2nd Time
- RealTrends + Tom Ferry Announce 2021 America's Best Real Estate Professionals List 16th Annual Real Estate Ranking
- Autism's Got Talent Announces the 2nd Annual On-Line Talent Fundraiser Competition
- Top Executive from Under Armour Joins CEO Coaching International®
- TycoonInvest Launches Platform for the General Public to Invest in Startups and Small Businesses
- The National Association of Collegiate Esports Partners with Fair-Play Corporation
- Itero Group, LLC, Announces Leadership Addition to Salesforce Practice
- Amesbury Elementary School Contract Awarded to CTA Construction Managers
- Master Agent Bridgepointe Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Women-Led Fintech, Pasito, Welcomes Julie Scotland as Co-Founder and CMO
- Most Active New Venture Capital Firms Globally 2021 Released at F50 Global Capital Summit
- Wohler adds HDR detection and releases Dolby decoding option for their iVAM1-3 & 2-2 AV monitors
- Beacon Launches New Universe Scrubber That Improves Program Data Accuracy and Increases Audit Success
- Blockchain Technology Market Outlook 2019-2035 by Goldstein Market Intelligence
- Big Data Market Outlook 2019-2035 by Goldstein Market Intelligence