Popular on PrZen
- SHACKNEWS & HYPERX PARTNER WITH WIZARD WORLD TO BRING THE ESPORTS LOUNGE TO POP CULTURE EVENTS 107
- Diligence Capital Advisors Arranges Acquisition to Construction Loan for 37 Unit, Mixed-Use Project in South Kensington
- Janel Group Taps Chain.io to Power Digital Innovation
- Forum on Film Finance, Production & Distribution to be Held on Sunday, February 9th in Los Angeles
- IAOP and The Rockefeller Foundation Announce Winners of 2020 Global Impact Sourcing Award
- Deviant Marketing - Nominated for Social Media Ad of the Year
- Audience Serv Indonesia Drives More Direct Bookings In 2020
- IAOP Announces Intuit to Be Honored at OWS2.0 as Winner of the 2020 Global Excellence in Outsourcing Award
- The Litigation Lawyers At Chand Snider LLP Add Windsor to their Territory
- The Polyflex and Clicheria Blumenau are joining CSW and MARVACO as new partners in the Global Premedia Network
The sale is officially titled an Estate Treasures Auction; featuring property from the Estate of Judith Applegate, Princeton, NJ. The auction will begin promptly at 10 am Eastern time. Internet bidding will be provided by LiveAuctioneers.com and Invaluable.com. The catalog will also be posted to the Nye & Company website (www.nyeandcompany.com) prior to Valentine's Day.
"We are thrilled to be offering property from the collection of Judith Appelgate" said Andrew Holter of Nye & Company Auctioneers. "Judith was well-known in the museum field, auction and art worlds. She has served in a curatorial capacity at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and at the DeCordova Musuem. She also had experience working at auction houses and was the owner of Applegate Appraisals, and she was an adjunct professor at a number of universities including Harvard, Tufts, Boston College, the Cooper-Hewitt Museum and the Bard Graduate Center."
Her collection is the quintessential traditional English country house collection. Featuring a wide variety of 17th through 19th century English and American furniture, silver, early brass, delftware, porcelain, paintings and prints. Of exceptional note is a terrific still-life painting of peaches and grapes by George Henry Hall and a fabulous landscape by the American artist, Eugene Leslie Smythe (1857-1932).
Additional highlights include a superb collection of 17th, 18th and 19th century Continental and English brass candlesticks, a 17th century English oak court cupboard, an American Queen Anne cherrywood chest-on-chest and more. Some country English furniture, such as the Cricket table and Windsor chairs transcend their utilitarian purposes becoming sculpture.
The sale also includes two early cast iron stove plates from the Eric Martin Wunsch collection. Mr. Wunsch was an early and highly respected New York City collector of early American furniture, silver, Old Master Paintings and early glass.
Moving away from the early traditional collecting oeuvre, they have a nice selection of early 20th century art glass from a private New Jersey and New York collection. Works include a Rene Lalique Los Angeles and Ronsard vase, several Tiffany favrile glass pieces, Steuben and Quezal Art glass round out the collection. There's an Art Glass "Clam Shell" centerpiece by James Nowak and a Swedish glass sculpture from Chris Heilman's Coral Reef Series.
People can bid in person, by phone, in absentia and online. An online preview will be held February 14th-26th at www.nyeandcompany.com. First-hand gallery previews will be held Monday thru Friday, February 17th-25th from 10 am to 4 pm; and Sunday, February 23rd, from 12 noon to 4 pm. All times quoted are Eastern.
For more information about Nye & Company Auctioneers and the Estate Treasures Auction on Wednesday, Feb. 26, visit www.nyeandcompany.com. The full color catalog can be viewed around Feb. 14 at www.nyeandcompany.com, LiveAuctioneers.com and Invaluable.com.
About Nye & Company:
John Nye had a long and fruitful career at Sotheby's before he and his wife, Kathleen, acquired Dawson's in 2003 and started Dawson & Nye. With the move to Bloomfield, New Jersey seven years later, they renamed the business to Nye & Company (Auctioneers, Appraisers, Antiques). The firm is nationwide, but the vast bulk of the business comes from trusts and estates in the tri-state area.
Nye & Company Auctioneers
20 Beach Street
Bloomfield, NJ, USA 07003
Latest on PrZen
- Amigo Events Announce Traditional Goan Carnival Event in London
- Rude Rangers TV Goes Hollywood
- Discovery Map's Sam and Ann Douglass celebrate 25 years of Making Maps, Friends and Memories
- A.R. Rahman Begins Recording "Hands Around the World" song to fundraise against climate change, in Los Angeles
- Califia and the Timeless Sentries Episode II "Legacies" Streaming Now on YouTube!
- Evolve IP Integrates Microsoft Teams with Cisco Voice Communications; Enhances Microsoft Teams Phone Systems and Ensures Business Continuity
- ChainUP Launches EXUP, An Independent Brand of Blockchain Financial Derivatives
- Regency DRT acquires Jacksonville Florida restoration company
- The Felix Organization Announces Camp Felix Pride at The Fresh Air Fund
- For Third Year in a Row, Yard Management Solutions Named 2020 MHI Innovation Award Finalist
- iMediate Inc Publishes Video Guide to Child Custody for Fathers and Mothers
- Airlite Plastics Co. Announces the Unification of its Arctic Fox Brand Into KODIAKOOLER®
- United States of Freight Launches New Company Website For Heavy Haul Logistics Services
- Rising Hip Hop Artist Cudlino Announces Debut Album W.I.T.S
- BiKi's Ethan Ng Addresses FOMO Over BTC USD10K Breach
- SAE J1939 - GPS Module With 9-Pin Deutsch Connection Cable
- INC Advisors offers Real Time Succession & Valuation Platform
- Symplast to Showcase Top Ranked Mobile EHR at Inaugural MIAMI COSMETIC SURGERY Meeting
- Ring Founder, Jamie Siminoff to Deliver Keynote at 7th Annual CEO Summit