Popular on PrZen
- Ideanomics Announces Q2 2020 Earnings - TESLA Model 3 Proof of Concept 333
- Goldstein Market Intelligence Expands its Intelligence Capabilities in UK with Senior Appointment 105
- Attention Bankoh Investment Customers Who Were Sold Northstar Financial Services (Bermuda) Ltd
- Successful Black Lawyers Share Lessons Learned and Provide Mentorship in a New Compilation Book
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2020 Marketing Excellence Awards
- NC-16 Teenage Web Series is Now Available Released on SeekaTV
- Atlanta Church Teaches Youth How To Engage With Police; And Empowers Voter Rights At Virtual Summit
- CST Group, CPAs Launches its New Outsourced Accounting Company, District Advisory
- 2nd Annual Mile High Denver Boutique Week!
- 4e Brands North America Issues Nationwide Voluntary Recall of Hand Sanitizer Due to Potential Presence of Undeclared Methanol (Wood Alcohol)
The sale is officially titled an Estate Treasures Auction; featuring property from the Estate of Judith Applegate, Princeton, NJ. The auction will begin promptly at 10 am Eastern time. Internet bidding will be provided by LiveAuctioneers.com and Invaluable.com. The catalog will also be posted to the Nye & Company website (www.nyeandcompany.com) prior to Valentine's Day.
"We are thrilled to be offering property from the collection of Judith Appelgate" said Andrew Holter of Nye & Company Auctioneers. "Judith was well-known in the museum field, auction and art worlds. She has served in a curatorial capacity at the Museum of Fine Arts, Boston and at the DeCordova Musuem. She also had experience working at auction houses and was the owner of Applegate Appraisals, and she was an adjunct professor at a number of universities including Harvard, Tufts, Boston College, the Cooper-Hewitt Museum and the Bard Graduate Center."
Her collection is the quintessential traditional English country house collection. Featuring a wide variety of 17th through 19th century English and American furniture, silver, early brass, delftware, porcelain, paintings and prints. Of exceptional note is a terrific still-life painting of peaches and grapes by George Henry Hall and a fabulous landscape by the American artist, Eugene Leslie Smythe (1857-1932).
Additional highlights include a superb collection of 17th, 18th and 19th century Continental and English brass candlesticks, a 17th century English oak court cupboard, an American Queen Anne cherrywood chest-on-chest and more. Some country English furniture, such as the Cricket table and Windsor chairs transcend their utilitarian purposes becoming sculpture.
The sale also includes two early cast iron stove plates from the Eric Martin Wunsch collection. Mr. Wunsch was an early and highly respected New York City collector of early American furniture, silver, Old Master Paintings and early glass.
Moving away from the early traditional collecting oeuvre, they have a nice selection of early 20th century art glass from a private New Jersey and New York collection. Works include a Rene Lalique Los Angeles and Ronsard vase, several Tiffany favrile glass pieces, Steuben and Quezal Art glass round out the collection. There's an Art Glass "Clam Shell" centerpiece by James Nowak and a Swedish glass sculpture from Chris Heilman's Coral Reef Series.
People can bid in person, by phone, in absentia and online. An online preview will be held February 14th-26th at www.nyeandcompany.com. First-hand gallery previews will be held Monday thru Friday, February 17th-25th from 10 am to 4 pm; and Sunday, February 23rd, from 12 noon to 4 pm. All times quoted are Eastern.
For more information about Nye & Company Auctioneers and the Estate Treasures Auction on Wednesday, Feb. 26, visit www.nyeandcompany.com. The full color catalog can be viewed around Feb. 14 at www.nyeandcompany.com, LiveAuctioneers.com and Invaluable.com.
About Nye & Company:
John Nye had a long and fruitful career at Sotheby's before he and his wife, Kathleen, acquired Dawson's in 2003 and started Dawson & Nye. With the move to Bloomfield, New Jersey seven years later, they renamed the business to Nye & Company (Auctioneers, Appraisers, Antiques). The firm is nationwide, but the vast bulk of the business comes from trusts and estates in the tri-state area.
Nye & Company Auctioneers
20 Beach Street
Bloomfield, NJ, USA 07003
Latest on PrZen
- If you've lost a job and are struggling during the pandemic, choosing the right credit card could relieve stress
- WA Public Relations Company is Giving A Voice to Black Businesses in America
- Design and Order Name Badges Online with New Online Virtual Name Badge Designer
- Local Abstract Artist Offers New Painting for One Million Dollars
- DMS Recognized For Its Steady Growth With Seventh Consecutive Spot On Inc. 5000 List As It Transitions From Private To Publicly Held Company
- Tire Recycling Sector to Grow Over 5% Annually Through 2030 Reports Goldstein market Intelligence
- MIRAmedtech and Bio-Infusions Join Forces in Bringing Aesthetic Medical Innovations to the USA
- COVID-19 Is Reshaping Respiratory Drugs in Africa Pharmaceuticals Industry Reports Goldstein Market
- CEO Coaching International Recognized on the Inc. 5000 List for Sixth Consecutive Year with Three-Year Revenue Growth of 221.5%
- Belle Epoque Icons Toulouse-Lautrec, Alphonse Mucha Prevail in Poster Auctions International sale
- BTI Joins Massachusetts Biotechnology Council
- Scramble New Fiction Novel by Fred Williams
- Just Say No to Fabric and Cloth Masks
- OL NA-TRUE-L Immune Booster "Attack Coronavirus Before It Attacks You"
- Durham Record Label Maison Fauna Announces Its First Release
- AUA Announces Agreement with Texas's Schreiner University
- CMS issues the First Ever Guidance on Remote Patient Monitoring for proposed 2021 Physician Fee Schedule
- Smokescreen eyes a larger share of the global cybersecurity pie; appoints Preekshit Gupta as Head of Sales – India, MEA, and, APAC
- Evolve IP® Named For Eighth Time to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- FREE SEO Support for Small Businesses