Popular on PrZen
- Hilton Garden Inn Destin Miramar Beach, FL Opens
- EdTech Startup Solves Biggest Challenge With Remote Online Testing
- Cov-aid Announces Partnership with DoorDash To Donate Meals to Those In Need During 10-hour Streaming Charity Event on #GivingTuesday, May 5
- Gameplex.gg - A New Home to the Latest eSports News
- Founded by Elite Team of Special Operation Marine Raiders, The Helmand Valley Growers Company Announces Launch
- Tejjy Inc. Empowering Design & Construction for Healthcare with BIM Prefabrication
- Student Essay Contest, Hosted By Humanist Canada, Call for Submissions
- Industry Leader Grand Canyon Gas Logs Manufactures Largest Log Set in the USA
- AutoQuotes Announces Launch of AQ Insight Pro
- Bossy Girl Cosmetics prepares to roll out a new line of cruelty-free brushes
With that in mind, Seniors First, a collaborative of vetted professionals serving the senior community, are offering a free educational and objective panel discussion focused on helping home sellers prepare and determine next steps.
The dynamic, interactive discussion will be held on Thursday, November 14, from 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. at Fairing Way, 25 Stonehaven Drive, South Weymouth, MA 029190. Complimentary light refreshments will be served.
The workshop is geared toward owners who haven't sold in at least 10 years. The event will cover recent changes in the law and other trends affecting local real estate transactions in 2019.
Topics covered by a panel of industry experts will include:
- Will you owe capital gains tax if you sell?
- Selling or transferring a property held in trust or if an owner is deceased
- When a Title 5 inspection is required (and when it isn't)
- Formula to calculate your net sale proceeds to within $1,000
- Flood insurance: Are you impacted by recent changes in the flood maps?
- Importance of conducting a preliminary title review
- State sales tax and other forgotten closing costs
- Strategies for simultaneously selling and buying in a low inventory market
- Pros and cons of For Sale by Owner
- Pre-sale repair & improvement strategies (update or leave alone?)
- Can you buy before you sell? Bridge loans and other financing options in carrying 2 properties
The discussion will be led and moderated by George Downey, Housing Wealth Management Advisor, Harbor Mortgage Solutions, Inc., Braintree, MA. Panelists will include Attorney Timothy J. van der Veen, Conveyance Attorney, Marshfield, MA; Midge Durgin, Realtor with Coldwell Banker, Hingham, MA; Attorney John O'Connor, Estate and Elder Law Attorney, Braintree, MA; Chris Petrik, Ameriprise Finance, Braintree, MA ; and Chris Downey of Harbor Mortgage Solutions, Inc., Braintree, MA
Seniors First offers educational and objective seminars to Councils on Aging, senior organizations, religious groups, fraternal organizations, labor unions, college staff and faculty, human resources departments and business groups throughout Eastern Massachusetts. The seminars are presented as moderated panel discussions including experienced professionals' expert on the subject matter.
Fairing Way is a 55+ independent living retirement community located within the intergenerational community of Union Point, and is located at 25 Stonehaven Drive, South Weymouth, MA 02190. Information about opportunities to move to Fairing Way will also be presented at the seminar.
Although the seminars are free, seating is limited, and reservations are required. Please RSVP for yourself and a guest by calling (781) 660-5021 or register online at https://bit.ly/2BaW8oS.
Steve Dubin, PR Works
Latest on PrZen
- Cyndi Walters Joins International Council on Active Aging Task Force to Lead Senior Living Transformation
- Can chiropractic care benefit the immune system?
- St. Vrain Valley School District's Award-Winning Charter School
- Skills Training Group - Now Delivering First Aid Training
- Johnson Investment Counsel's Pandemic and Business Continuity Planning Enables Employees to Work Anywhere
- interPHOTO France to Showcase Global COVID19 Lockdown Photography
- Boston Industrial Solutions, Inc. introduces Volta™ M150 1-color tabletop pad printer machine for tagless printing
- Canadian Supply Chain Software Firm Sees Strong Focus on Their Systems' Native Paperless Features Among Existing and Future Clients
- 2020 US Presidential Election - Will Trump get re-elected? - Vedic Astrology Analysis
- Author Marvin Terry Rucker announces the release of his autobiography, Snatched Out of the Hand of the Enemy; his unadulterated testimony
- St. Paul Organization Serving African American Men Reflects On Its Mission of Navigating Systemic Racism
- Award-Winning Short Film Aims To Promote Suicide Awareness And Prevention
- New Hampshire Company Offers Technology to Automate Social Distance Monitoring and Contact Tracing
- MGN Logistics, Inc. Announces stock purchases in Transportation and Logistics Systems, Inc
- Los Angeles Based, 8th Floor LLC & ChildFaceMask.com Give Back to the Community While Protecting Children from COVID-19, Viruses, Allergies, & more
- OCI Announces Appointment of Dr. Luke Matranga, Former President of Academy of General Dentistry, to OCI Dental Advisory Board
- Limitless Herbal Ltd Closes on Multi-Million Dollar CBD Deal
- ASCEND 2020 Atlanta Alumni pivot, to create Joint Venture RTW (Return to Work) Solutions Group to provide COVID-19 Business Services
- LaTribuna Christian Publishing Announces The Creation of Our Brand New YouTube Channel
- Real Estate Loans Are Closing During Global Pandemic. Just Ask Rickey Biddle of Philadelphia