Popular on PrZen
- Celebrate Global Entrepreneurship Week South Florida Presented by Office Depot 194
- OCCIDENTAL STUDIOS ALIGNS WITH THE THIRD FLOOR & PRG - Opens A Multi-Stage Digital Media Environment Offering Multiple Production Stages In Hollywood
- 83bar Further Expands Global Patient Activation Capabilities
- Perceivant Offers Consumer Version of re:MIND on Kickstarter
- Singapore FinTech Festival 2019 Reinvents IT industry
- EasyIO introduces a new breed of Building Controller
- Hacking Hollywood Film Summit and Pitch Fest
- MASTER Tape Head Preamplifier for Reel to Reel Tape Decks from Merrill Audio
- Do you love to cook? Eat? master chef tuscan style home for sale
- Dakshidin Corporation (DKSC), Announces Hemp Cultivation Joint Venture in Oregon
Brian MacFee of Secure Systems Corporation (SSC) based in Marshfield, MA put together a list of simple practices that employers and employees can begin utilizing to become part of the top 3-5% of computer users least likely to be victimized by hackers and cyber-attacks.
Hackers can crack simple passwords in just minutes. Don't make their job easy. MacFee recommends creating passwords that are at least 10 characters and feature a mix of numbers and symbols as well as uppercase and lowercase letters. Replace passwords at least once every four months.
Secure Email Providers
Email is the fastest growing method of infiltrations for hackers. The security of free services like Yahoo, Hotmail and AOL usually reflect their price. Keep your sensitive conversations private with more robust email clients like Microsoft Office 365.
Best Practice for Reading Email
Check the email address of the person communicating with your before you open their message instead of simply reading the subject. Fake emails from FedEx, UPS and other shipping providers are common and increase in frequency around the holiday season. An authentic email will have a legitimate domain name (ex: @ups.com).
Never open an attachment in an email unless it's from someone you know. The damage caused from malicious attachments could turn your laptop, smartphone or other device into an expensive paper weight.
MacFee also reminds us that these tips come with no guarantee but are helpful guidelines when considering how to approach basic cyber security. He concisely sums up his philosophy in a seasonally appropriate rule of thumb, "Hackers are like vampires. They have to be invited in to do any damage. Remove the welcome mat from your digital environment with strong passwords and secure email providers. Keep the door closed by avoiding sketchy emails and attachments."
If it is too late for these precautions and your system is already infected, professionals like the team at SSC can provide a virtual wooden stake of sorts to get you up and running again.
Systems Support Corporation, located at 462 Plain Street, Suite 206, Marshfield, MA 02050 delivers first-class computer support to companies aiming to increase productivity and efficiency. With a comprehensive approach to network services, Systems Support are a single source for all things IT.
For more information, visit https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/embed?mid=19l..." or call (781) 837-0069.
Steve Dubin, PR Works
Latest on PrZen
- 626 acquires the leading injector service solution provider in the Healthcare Technology Management space
- Evolve IP Completes Flex Certification for WebEx Calling and Meetings Solutions
- Trans Actor Jesse Todd Tapped for Lead Role in Upcoming Film "Pink Moon"
- SelecTech Goes FreeStyle with Installation at Durfee High School Renovation
- Miracles of Kingman Publishing Launches New Website
- Zbones Discovers Additional Eardrums In Humans!
- Aldo Dinelli, Houston's Top Celebrity Jeweler - Talks Diamonds
- Santia Deck Makes History; Signs Record Breaking Deal With Highly-Anticipated WFLA
- Dbvisit Announces Release of Dbvisit Standby Snapshot
- Apollo Brands® Announces Exclusive Distribution Agreement Bringing Apollo Energy Gum® and Golf Gum® to The Nordic Countries
- Sandline Discovery Leverages NexLP's Cognitive AI to Deliver Leading Behavioral and Linguistic Intelligence
- ACEINNA Launches New Current Sensing Article for Embedded Power Systems
- Upcycle Pop returns with its Sustainable Holiday Event. Art Exhibits, Performances and a Fashion Show
- Royal Portrush, Omni Barton Creek, Golf Rivals, Adidas, and Great Waters announced as winners of Golf Aficionado Magazine Best of 2019 Awards
- Jimmy Olang, From Less Than $20 and a Dream to One of The Fastest Growing Companies in Lehigh Valley
- WebSatchel makes mobile breakthrough
- NASA Awards PADT, Arizona State University and Kennesaw State University a $755,000 Phase II STTR Research Grant
- Gatski Commercial Names David Bauman managing director of property management
- MC Companies Announced As 2020 Top Company To Work Multifamily
- DuraFast Label Company Preparing for Demand for Epson's New CW-C6500 8-inch Color Label Printers