Popular on PrZen
- KYC2020 Awarded as a Global Leader in AML Compliance by RegTech Analyst 113
- 4th Annual "Hollywood China Night" Oscars® Party Set for The Beverly Hilton, Beverly Hills, California, USA, on Sunday, February 9, 2020
- ZMBIZI and Qnext announce a global partnership to integrate FileFlex on all ZMBIZI smartphones
- Tomahawk Robotics selected for UK Ministry of Defence (MOD) Nano Unmanned Air Systems (nUAS) Experimentation Programme
- 7th Annual Global Bars Day: 23 January 2020
- Daniel Imperato v Securities exchange.( I ) 2020 Fraud upon court denial constitutional rights
- Hollywood Tribute® Event celebrates & recognizes extraordinary women of all ages and backgrounds
- Y the Wait - "The Amazon of Smart Dining"
- Billionaire Ken Langone and Group of Investors Partners With La Tortilleria and Abasto Media
- Brooklyn To Kick Off 2021 With A New Tradition Set to Rival Times Square New Year's Eve
Brian MacFee of Secure Systems Corporation (SSC) based in Marshfield, MA put together a list of simple practices that employers and employees can begin utilizing to become part of the top 3-5% of computer users least likely to be victimized by hackers and cyber-attacks.
Hackers can crack simple passwords in just minutes. Don't make their job easy. MacFee recommends creating passwords that are at least 10 characters and feature a mix of numbers and symbols as well as uppercase and lowercase letters. Replace passwords at least once every four months.
Secure Email Providers
Email is the fastest growing method of infiltrations for hackers. The security of free services like Yahoo, Hotmail and AOL usually reflect their price. Keep your sensitive conversations private with more robust email clients like Microsoft Office 365.
Best Practice for Reading Email
Check the email address of the person communicating with your before you open their message instead of simply reading the subject. Fake emails from FedEx, UPS and other shipping providers are common and increase in frequency around the holiday season. An authentic email will have a legitimate domain name (ex: @ups.com).
Never open an attachment in an email unless it's from someone you know. The damage caused from malicious attachments could turn your laptop, smartphone or other device into an expensive paper weight.
MacFee also reminds us that these tips come with no guarantee but are helpful guidelines when considering how to approach basic cyber security. He concisely sums up his philosophy in a seasonally appropriate rule of thumb, "Hackers are like vampires. They have to be invited in to do any damage. Remove the welcome mat from your digital environment with strong passwords and secure email providers. Keep the door closed by avoiding sketchy emails and attachments."
If it is too late for these precautions and your system is already infected, professionals like the team at SSC can provide a virtual wooden stake of sorts to get you up and running again.
Systems Support Corporation, located at 462 Plain Street, Suite 206, Marshfield, MA 02050 delivers first-class computer support to companies aiming to increase productivity and efficiency. With a comprehensive approach to network services, Systems Support are a single source for all things IT.
For more information, visit https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/embed?mid=19l..." or call (781) 837-0069.
Steve Dubin, PR Works
Latest on PrZen
- SHACKNEWS & HYPERX PARTNER WITH WIZARD WORLD TO BRING THE ESPORTS LOUNGE TO POP CULTURE EVENTS
- Signature Tracks and Downtown Music Publishing Announce Strategic Partnership for Scoring Film, Television, And Advertising
- Interactive Touchscreen Solutions, Inc. Takes Ward Over Security Integrations with Direct 'Access' Visitor Management Solutions
- Miller & Miller's Canadiana, Pottery & Folk Art auction, 640 lots in all, will be held Feb. 8th
- AutoQuotes Appoints New Chief Product Officer
- The Legacy of Jack LaLanne, The Godfather of Fitness, Introduced to a New Generation
- Viscosity North America Welcomes Two More From the Oracle ACE Program: Gary Gordhamer & Sean Scott
- BTI Completes OSHA 10 Training
- Vulcan Boot Camp Receives 2019 Savannah Award
- Golf Gum® and the Liquid Core® Delivery System, Capable of Fueling Better Scores, Announce Debut of SPACE STATION® Distribution Device at PGA Show
- MobilDrTech, Inc. enhances their medical product line with Acumentrics' Pack-Power™ System
- W.J. Castle, P.E. & Assoc., P.C. (CASTLE) has been honored by New Jersey Alliance for Action as a 2019 Distinguished Engineering Award Recipient
- Broccoli City Reveals 2020 Festival Lineup And Announces Its Return To The Nation's Capital For Eighth Annual Celebration Of Music, Art And Culture
- Andrew Jones first-ever Collections Curated by Designers of Distinction auction will be held Feb 23
- Mind Gear Studios Founder starts new company Shrimpboot Games
- Forum on Film Finance, Production & Distribution to be Held on Sunday, February 9th in Los Angeles
- MC Companies Wins 'Rookie Fundraiser Team of the Year' by the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation For National Sponsorship Impact
- Nude Envie's New Cheek Collection
- Maximum Computing & Cabling, LLC was awarded a GSA Multiple Award Schedule on November 25th of 2019
- Rented.com and MyVR Announce Revenue Management Partnership