Popular on PrZen
- NFL Great Marshall Faulk Demonstrates Ultimate Workout and Recovery Portable Family Gym's Versatility
- Denver Digerati Announces Inaugural Board of Directors
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate
- NACCE Welcomes Five Colleges to the Everyday Entrepreneur Venture Fund Program Phase II
- Brooklyn-Based Natural Hair and Body Company ButterMEssentials Receives Rave Reviews in US
- Canadian Software Company "BeMotion Inc."; Helping Businesses Safely Reopen
- Open Source Initiative Presents State of the Source
- Jinglz Launches Online Public Offering As They Roll Out New AI-powered Emotion Detection Platform
- Stars in Their Underwear is Hollywood Costume Designer Diana Eden's Memoir, on Sale June 19
- Nonprofit builds online mask marketplace powered by local makers, with creative unique masks in time for Fathers day and 4th of July
Brian MacFee of Secure Systems Corporation (SSC) based in Marshfield, MA put together a list of simple practices that employers and employees can begin utilizing to become part of the top 3-5% of computer users least likely to be victimized by hackers and cyber-attacks.
Hackers can crack simple passwords in just minutes. Don't make their job easy. MacFee recommends creating passwords that are at least 10 characters and feature a mix of numbers and symbols as well as uppercase and lowercase letters. Replace passwords at least once every four months.
Secure Email Providers
Email is the fastest growing method of infiltrations for hackers. The security of free services like Yahoo, Hotmail and AOL usually reflect their price. Keep your sensitive conversations private with more robust email clients like Microsoft Office 365.
Best Practice for Reading Email
Check the email address of the person communicating with your before you open their message instead of simply reading the subject. Fake emails from FedEx, UPS and other shipping providers are common and increase in frequency around the holiday season. An authentic email will have a legitimate domain name (ex: @ups.com).
Never open an attachment in an email unless it's from someone you know. The damage caused from malicious attachments could turn your laptop, smartphone or other device into an expensive paper weight.
MacFee also reminds us that these tips come with no guarantee but are helpful guidelines when considering how to approach basic cyber security. He concisely sums up his philosophy in a seasonally appropriate rule of thumb, "Hackers are like vampires. They have to be invited in to do any damage. Remove the welcome mat from your digital environment with strong passwords and secure email providers. Keep the door closed by avoiding sketchy emails and attachments."
If it is too late for these precautions and your system is already infected, professionals like the team at SSC can provide a virtual wooden stake of sorts to get you up and running again.
Systems Support Corporation, located at 462 Plain Street, Suite 206, Marshfield, MA 02050 delivers first-class computer support to companies aiming to increase productivity and efficiency. With a comprehensive approach to network services, Systems Support are a single source for all things IT.
For more information, visit https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/1/embed?mid=19l..." or call (781) 837-0069.
Steve Dubin, PR Works
Latest on PrZen
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Travel + Leisure Readers give San Miguel De Allende a reason to Celebrate as it ranks in World's Best Awards
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- Sage Intacct Names Alta Vista Technology a Premier Partner
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- 'Coping with COVID-19 Stress in Children and Families of Color,' A Virtual Town Hall
- Wheaton Family Law Attorney - Tania K. Harvey Launches New Website | Wheaton IL Family Lawyers
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- Seismic Shift from New York to the Palm Beaches Signals Permanent Residency, Not Seasonal Vacation Homes
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
- NS4ed Partners with MetaMetrics to Offer Quantile Measures and Career Database for new Career-Focused Algebra and Geometry Curricula
- Thiel College and local Veterans of Foreign Wars post to research connections to Camp Reynolds and World War II
- Lantek reinforces its southern European presence by adding a new distributor, AlfaSolid, in Greece and Cyprus
- Amazon Bestselling Book Our Stories: Our Voices Featured on AM Metro NY Cover
- JNESHIA Unveils New Single "KINGZ"
- WJ Castle Awarded Underwater Inspection Contract from PEPCO Holdings
- Intermountain Healthcare Implements DeepThink Health's Precision Intelligence Solutions to Manage its Molecular Tumor Board
- Cure SMA Urges Remaining States to Expedite Adoption of Newborn Screening for Spinal Muscular Atrophy
- Could this be the next Nike? Dionies Sportswear Looks to Crowdfunding for an Impressive Kickstart