Popular on PrZen
- LA-Based Actor Steven Littles Joins Katrina Walker's Sitcom "Miss Dee's Kitchen"
- Black Professional with 30 Years in Real Estate and Mortgage Industries launches Credit Management A
- "Dammit … It IS Menopause!" Grabs Ten No. 1 Bestseller Categories on Amazon
- Media for Change Reaches Agreement with Hungarian-Croatian Journalist Tvrtko Vujity
- BEAR Technologies Receives SOC 2 Type II Attestation
- California Pools Opens Philadelphia Location to Bring Residents Renown Design and Construction Expertise
- FuseFX Acquires Australia-based Rising Sun Pictures
- Non Emergency Medical Transportation Accreditation Commission (NEMTAC) Announces Effie Carlson As New Board President
- Fifty States of Vodka is Now Available in Every Total Wine In Florida
- Mensa Foundation Celebrates 50 Years of Unleashing Intelligence
Keith realised that all vehicles, both electric and combustion, already divert a large area of airflow from the front of the vehicle to be passed through the radiator, and that this then exits to the engine bay where consequently it is wasted. As the air passes through the radiator heat is added which expands it. If enclosed in ducting then this forces the air to accelerate adding more energy and, if this airflow is then passed through an enclosed air turbine, then the force of the airflow is extracted and transformed into rotation. Additionally to this, if an impeller (extraction fan) is added behind the turbine then this will pull the air through the system, lowering the pressure behind the turbine and dramatically increasing its power output. The lightweight low inertia impeller would be turned by a coupling to the axle or driveshaft which is being rotated with 2000kg of weight behind it.
Keith could see no flaws in the principles he envisioned and so set about learning 3d design software and 3d printing, and then built several prototypes. He discovered that the addition of the heat energy does indeed increase power, starting at around a 30 degrees C differential to ambient, increasing substantially for each 10 degree rise after. He tested over 25 different blade designs and inlet/ outlet positions for the turbine and found an optimised approach that had highly efficient airflow power extraction. He then found online CFD (fluid dynamics) simulation software and ran his designs through this to confirm the potential power. He also researched the various physics formulae to calculate the power that could be gained, identifying the potential for 11kW at 70 mph for each hour of travel.
Given that battery systems are currently around 100kW giving about 350 miles of range, then the system could deliver a 55% increase to that base range over 5 hours if travelling at 70mph for 350 miles. On top of this that extra range ALSO generates extra power, as does the extra extra range and so on, giving around a 125% total increase to the base range of the vehicle. Finally, as battery technology improves and the base range is increased as a result, the system will continue to create yet more power in correlation with that increased range such that it never becomes obsolete. Instead its effect is increased ie a larger amount of extra miles will be produced.
Keith has filed a UK patent to be followed up worldwide and is approaching car manufacturers to assess their interest in further developing and adopting the system. Alternatively, he is considering developing a company supported by the Government and Venture Capital to develop and manufacture systems for the most popular car models, in the UK. These will be offered direct to EV car owners and he invites approaches from Venture Capitalists inspired by the idea. The equipment would be supplied to a network of local garages for fitting, supported by appropriate instruction manuals and training. This latter approach is designed to assist in creating jobs and an export industry, which we will need now that Brexit is here. Obviously with millions of EVs now being produced worldwide and growing, there is a huge market.
By adoption of the system it is hoped that the obsolescence of the combustion engine is accelerated, reducing Global Warming and removing pollution from the lungs of our children. Interested parties can reach the inventor at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Filed Under: Energy
Latest on PrZen
- Parvati Foundation Leads Arctic Free To Save The World
- Cape Coral, Fort Myers, Naples Real Estate Broker CEO Is Concerned About The 17 Million Americans Behind on Their Mortgage Payments
- hellowater®, the Water That Works™ brand launches hellowater Defense power by CYTO+
- Celebrate Golden Week in Tokyo with 1,000 Colorful Carp Streamers
- Singer, Songwriter, Pianist, Isabel Marcheselli Garners Generous Grant Support
- International Fine and Decorative Art Auction April 24-25
- #1 Billboard Jazz Artist Ski Johnson to Release 10th Studio Album and Tell All Movie
- PocketSuite Partners With ShearShare to Help Stylists Boost Business
- The Anderson Group Real Estate Services' New Concierge Program Aims To Help Nashville-area Homeowners Sell For Top Dollar
- West Coast Customs icon launches "CarCoin" NFT, giving away an original WCC designed vehicle to celebrate
- PEI Selected Three-Time Top Microsoft Gold Partner in the U.S
- New Book "Educating Marston" Provides Hope for Anyone Struggling to Find Answers Raising a Child with Autism
- The Miguel Wilson Collection celebrates the grand opening of its New York City location
- Terri Ross, Renowned Practice Consultant, Joins Dozens of Industry Thought Leaders to Speak at the ISAPS Business School Program
- Sterling Watson's Deadly Sweet Released
- Anthology of Award-Winning Books Explores Global Concerns in a Child-friendly Format
- Paradigm Technology Group Joins The Evolve IP Partner Program
- Delirious Comedy Club Presents Pauly Shore Every Friday Night In April
- PADT Named EOS Metal 3D Printing Distribution Partner Across the Southwest, Expanding its Established Additive Manufacturing Products Offering
- Deb Hoffmann, Guinness World Record Holder for Largest Winnie the Pooh Collection, Shatters 20,000-Item Ceiling