Popular on PrZen
- Pandemics and Forecasting: Seeing the Way Forward via the Taleb/Ioannidis Debate 165
- Goldstein Market Intelligence Expands its Intelligence Capabilities in UK with Senior Appointment
- Americart 2019 Documentary Film about Art in America's Heartland now available on Amazon Prime Video
- Attention Bankoh Investment Customers Who Were Sold Northstar Financial Services (Bermuda) Ltd
- Axiros AXESS ACS Enables UK ISP, Origin Broadband, With TR-069 Device Management Solution
- Newest Analysis from ImmersivEdge Advisors Helps Investors Make the Right Moves in the Dynamic AR & Smartglasses Industry
- Successful Black Lawyers Share Lessons Learned and Provide Mentorship in a New Compilation Book
- MULTI-FUN project aims to enable multi-materials metal additive manufacturing for complex 3D parts without size constraints
- New Partner at Itero Group Signals Continued Growth
- Travel + Leisure Readers Give San Miguel De Allende a Reason to Celebrate as It Ranks In World's Best Awards
Barbers and stylists have always been viewed, within communities of color, as resources to share information and discuss important topics. The Massachusetts Department of Mental Health has partnered with barbers and stylists, through The BarberTime Media Network, to provide valuable resources to the community. The goal of the event is to provide a forum for the community to discuss how to cope with the stress and other mental health issues related to the pandemic.
The virtual event is scheduled for Monday, July 20, at 1 p.m. The one-hour event will live stream on Facebook and will also be available for replay through The BarberTime Media Network.
Host and Moderator is Julia Mejia, Boston City Councilor, At-Large. Panelists will include Dr. Mathieu Bermingham, Metro-West Center for Well Being; Malika Arty, Boston Public Health Commission; Kueen Dickerson King, stylist; Sadler "Dr. Boogs" Lacross, barber; and Jorge Sierra, barber, author/speaker.
Registration and full details of the event can be found at Eventbrite; dmh_townhall.eventbrite.com.
The public is encouraged to ask questions to the panelists in advance of the virtual town hall by using the link on the Eventbrite page.
About the Department of Mental Health (DMH):
The Massachusetts Department of Mental Health provides services to adults, children, and adolescents with long-term or serious mental illness and serious emotional disturbance; provides early and ongoing treatment for mental illness; and conducts research into the causes of and treatments for mental illness. Through state-operated inpatient facilities and community mental health centers and through community services and programs provided by nearly 200 mental health providers, DMH directly serves 29,000 residents, including about 3,500 children and adolescents, with severe and persistent mental illness and serious emotional disturbance.
About the BarberTime Media Network:
Barber shops and salons are important news, cultural and support systems for communities of color. The BarberTime Media Network (TBMN) has risen to and formalized that role by forming alliance within the community and launching communications outlets including a radio program, TV show, eight magazines and a vibrant website.
For more information about the Virtual Town Hall and coping with COVID-19, visit dmh_townhall.eventbrite.com.
Steven V. Dubin, PR Works
Latest on PrZen
- New MOVE3®: NEM® + Fish Oil Omega Combo Study Confirms Fast Efficacy in Pain & Stiffness Treatment in Healthy Adults
- Sanitizing Equipment Donation Empowers Workforce Innovation Hub at City of Refuge
- AC Hotel by Marriott Tokyo Ginza Opened July 9, 2020
- Last Minute Hotel Deals – Which Places Offer the Biggest Price Reductions Due to Coronavirus?
- TTS 2020 Virtual Congress: Leading Global Experts Convene Online In A Transformative Meeting
- Dental Innovations LLC publishes "The Financial Survival Guide for Dentists!"
- Secret Walls Academy X Silverstreetz
- Gift Giveaways The New Marketing Solution
- MBK Senior Living Names 7 Pursuit of Excellence Award Winners
- Velocity Data Announces Agreement to Acquire NuBreed Nutrition Inc
- Durante Rentals Appoints Liam J. Harrington as President
- Nola Blue Records signs John Németh
- Natural Hair and Body Company ButterMEssentials Unveils New Online Look
- Braeden Lichti: The Business of Anti-Aging and Rejuvenation Biotechnology
- FigBytes Integrates SASB Standards in its Enterprise Sustainability and ESG Platform
- Sedia Biosciences Corporation announces expansion and move to new research and manufacturing facility in Beaverton, Oregon, USA
- Recycling Business Executive and Longtime CEO Coaching International Client Joins Coaching Roster
- edjuster Enhances Claim Management Solution with Latest Product Release
- STG Logistics rebrands, organizes service offerings for extended outsource clients
- EclecticIQ and ThreatFabric investigation reveals evidence of malicious Android packages posing as legitimate Covid-19 contact tracing apps