Popular on PrZen
- Genmega Launches New Website for ATMs and Kiosks - 132
- Wreath Fineries at the Wineries returns in 2021 - 114
- Swoop Airline will offer flights to Canada from St. Pete airport | Swoop Airline
- Lineus Medical Completes $3M Series B Funding Round
- Covid Acts of Kindness breaks the GUINNESS WORLD RECORD!
- Join Our 25th Year Celebration and Prayer for Peace Today
- Sonix Easy Street featuring Eric Marienthal
- WHOOP and NUE.life partner to provide patients deeper insights into their physical and mental health
- Internet 2.0 Conference Announces Its Upcoming Two Editions
- Footprint Project Sends Solar Cavalry to Hurricane Ida Outages in Louisiana
Boston Sports Medicine now Offers Telehealth - Physical Therapy Services in The Comfort of Your Home
With intensifying concerns surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic, Telehealth or E-Visits have become of paramount importance to ensure the safety of patients and health care providers.
Physical Therapy via computer or another device
Telehealth or E-Visits are the remote delivery of health care services and clinical information using communications technology, such as Internet, wireless and phone media. Boston Sports Medicine patients now have the opportunity to seamlessly continue their care through video appointments, while practicing social distancing, remaining in their home, and minimizing their exposure to the virus.
"Approximately half of the patients we see critically need physical therapy guidance,"explained Dr. Michael J. Velsmid, DPT, MS, Director of Boston Sports Medicine. "Many people have just had surgery, young children have recently had their casts removed, people with debilitating back and neck pain and others who have acute injury or medical conditions are without anyone to speak with to learn how to cope and what they and their family can do. Our Telehealth or E-Visit services enable us to deliver essential physical therapy and clinical information remotely to continue their care in the safety of their home."
Benefits of Physical Therapy by Telehealth
In addition to minimizing exposure to the virus, Boston Sports Medicine's Telehealth/E-Visit physical therapy provides a number of benefits including:
Convenience – Patients receive physical therapy care from the comfort, safety, and privacy of their home or anywhere with connection to communications technology.
Security – Boston Sport Medicine's technology platform used for Telehealth and E-Visits are HIPAA compliant, ensuring that private health information is protected.
Simplicity – Patients use a computer or any device with a camera and internet. If there is no access to a camera, Boston Sport Medicine's physical therapist can do Telehealth visits by phone.
Office appointments at Boston Sports Medicine's locations are available at the moment but currently limited due to their efforts to "flatten the curve" by strict adherence to grouping guidelines and social distancing.
Access to the best therapists no matter where you are
To request a Telehealth or E-Visit physical therapy appointment, visit https://www.bostonsportsmed.com/request-appoint... and a Boston Sports Medicine physical therapist will see you on your device in the comfort of your home covered by your MA-based health insurance plan, Medicare, Tricare, and many other out of state plans.
The Department of Public Health issued guidance on March 15, 2020 to all commercial insurers and the Group Insurance Commission regarding the coverage of medically necessary telehealth services. To review the full order, visit https://www.mass.gov/doc/march-15-2020-teleheal...
Boston Sports Medicine has taken it a step further to help the most vulnerable population by waiving all copayments and deductibles for its Medicare beneficiaries who use E-Visits.
For important information about Coronavirus (COVID-19), visit the CDC's website: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index...
About Boston Sports Medicine, Inc:
Since 1999, Boston Sports Medicine has provided exceptional physical therapy care to thousands in the Boston area community and from abroad. Boston Sports Medicine specializes in sports, dance, orthopedic, and post-surgical physical and aquatic therapy with clinics all over the Greater Boston area. Their team of physical therapists specialize in post-surgical rehabilitation, running injuries, all field sport injuries, shoulder, back and neck injuries, dance injuries, aquatic therapy, and manual therapies. Boston Sports Medicine is a trusted member of the Boston Ballet Health Alliance, and is recognized by the New England Consortium of Academic Coordinators of Clinical Education for excellence in clinical education. Boston Sports Medicine clinics are located in Allston, Brookline, East Cambridge, Somerville, Swampscott, Watertown and West Roxbury, MA. For more information about Boston Sports Medicine and their Telehealth Services, visit BostonSportsMed.com or call 617-787-8700.
Steven V. Dubin, PR Works
Latest on PrZen
- What to do when someone dies in your family?
- Ismail Sirdah on How to Enhance Your Marketing Efforts
- Atlanta's #1 Food Influencing Brand Launches NFTs for Charity!
- Firefly Reservations Partners with BASYS Processing to Bring Simplified Payment Processing to Easy-to-Use Campground Reservation Management Software
- GSP International Airport integrates a new enterprise operations platform offered by Aerosimple
- Electric Violinist, James Teal Recognized With $5,000 City Artists Corps Grant From NY Foundation For The Arts & The NYC Dept Of Cultural Affairs
- Slide Guitarist Co-Writes Song about a Broken Voice
- Flamingo Costa Rica Realtors Evoke Realty Launch New Website
- Two-Thirds of Crypto Investors Buy-and-HODL
- Rock & Roll Hall of Famer and Public Enemy co-founder bets big on Altavoz Entertainment
- Triangle Real Estate Agent Promotes Homes To MORE Buyers For MORE Money
- "Just Looking" Real Estate Program is a BIG Hit with Mississippi Area Residents
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Palm Beach Area Residents!
- New gallery exhibits including FROM FALLUJAH featuring four contemporary photographers work from Fallujah
- Healthline Gate Launches its Health and Medical Information News Website
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Minneapolis Area Residents!
- Join Our 25th Year Celebration and Prayer for Peace Today
- The New Real Estate "Just Looking" Program Is A Big Hit With Chattanooga Tn and Northwest Ga Area Residents!
- One Park Financial, a Fund Street Technologies Brand, Wins Bronze Stevie® Award 3 Years in a Row
- Lee Enterprises Consulting Announces New Experts From Around the World