Popular on PrZen
- Samaritan House of San Mateo County Gives Over 2000 Backpacks with School Supplies to Students in Need
- ITSMA Announces Finalists for the 2019 Marketing Excellence Awards
- Saranas Recognized as One of Houston's Most Innovative Companies
- JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ORDERS DEATH PENALTY RESTORED - Five men are to be scheduled for execution
- Todd Caponi Joins VentureSCALE as New Managing Director
- MBA Mortgage's Bob Barlow Receives Disabled Veteran of the Year Award
- Crown Sterling Disrupts Encryption Protocol with the Discovery of Quasi Prime Predictive Algorithm
- Institute of Industrial and Systems Engineers teams up with UL for customizable online lean Six Sigma 4.0 training
- Courtyard by Marriott St. Louis Brentwood, Missouri Opens
- Cultural Vistas Welcomes Five New Members to Board of Directors
Phillipa Winter, Chief Informatics Officer, Bolton NHS Foundation Trust comments; "The primary objective of the eObservations project is to improve patient safety and quality of care, ensuring patients receive the best care to improve outcomes. Imprivata Mobile Device Access is an important factor in achieving this goal. When time is of the essence, every second counts; clinicians now have fast and secure access to the most up to date patient information to inform clinical decisions and patient care."
Bolton NHS FT already uses Imprivata Authentication Management, Single Sign-On and Virtual Desktop Access for strong authentication and streamlined access to virtualised resources in the Trust's virtual desktop environment. The solution provides clinicians with fast and easy access to their applications and desktops on iGel thin-client terminals by tapping their identity badges onto terminals equipped with Imprivata OneSign proximity card readers. Bolton NHS FT were keen to build on this foundation and accelerate their digitisation journey.
In line with the paperless vision outlined in the NHS Five Year Forward View, the Trust was ready to launch the eObservations solution on mobile devices. A sample trial was conducted on a ward with several devices shared between a number of clinical staff members. To access the solution users were required to manually enter their login credentials into three separate applications using the onscreen keyboard in order to record a patient's vital signs. The lengthy login times were proving unpopular in user trials and the IT team at Bolton NHS FT were keen to find a way of simplifying system access without weakening security processes or breaching audit requirements.
Imprivata Mobile Device Access provided the answer, the solution extends the capabilities of Imprivata OneSign and the Imprivata identity and access management platform enabling fast, secure access to shared mobile devices and applications with the tap of a proximity badge. Following successful testing and user trials, the solution was installed on 500 mobile devices which were deployed over 8 weeks as part of the eObservations project. As a result, Bolton NHS FT has been able to unlock the full potential of its devices, ensuring fast and efficient access to the eObservations system whilst maintaining security and auditability.
Brett Walmsley, Chief Technology Officer at Bolton NHS FT, explains; "The speed and responsiveness of the Imprivata team in understanding our requirements and the outcome we wanted to achieve was outstanding. They dovetailed into our existing deployment and training plans ensuring minimum disruption and no down time for staff, and worked tirelessly alongside our team to an aggressive timeline. Imprivata has been the critical component to the success of our mobile device project. We are excited about the future and about what we can achieve together. Imprivata is now our go-to provider for anything to do with authentication. We view them as very much a part of our innovative development team.
The project has been a great success, more than 1,000 members of staff have access to the mobile devices which are located in banks of between seven and ten devices on wards across the Trust. The ease of accessing applications has reduced barriers to using the devices, because staff can quickly log in and out of the tablets with just a tap of their badge. All staff use their own proximity cards to access the device which ensures they are logged in using their own credentials, resulting in accurate audit trails on patient care. Observations are conducted regularly on patients according to their care plan and entered directly via the mobile device, removing the need for maintaining paper records. The solution has been a key element in helping improve staff confidence, and removing barriers to using technology and delivering tangible benefits to clinicians and their patients.
Dr Simon Irving, Chief Clinical Information Officer at Bolton NHS FT, comments; "The Imprivata solution has minimised the administration burden on healthcare professionals and delivered tangible benefits in the care of patients. The positive impact has driven us to review what other applications we can make accessible via mobile devices to staff on the move. We now have the potential to deliver more applications into the hands of clinicians and utilise technology to make a measurable difference in patient care without compromising information security."
Chiltern House 45 Station Road Henley-on-Thames OXON RG9 1AT
+44 1491 845553
Latest on PrZen
- Work 365 Sync for Self-Service and Provisioning Automation
- Disruptive Startup Award @ Stanford
- Refereum rewards Dauntless players over USD $3,000 in prizes
- Durante Rentals Makes the Inc. 5000 List for Seventh Straight Year
- Thiel College's safety program one of two Pennsylvania institutions recognized by top credentialing organizations
- The United States Legal 500 Name Recognizes Fennemore Craig's Real Estate Practice
- America's Fastest-Growing Private Companies: Revealed
- Threshold Named among the Nation's Top Companies on the 2019 Inc. 5000
- Digital Media Solutions Secures Sixth Consecutive Ranking On Inc. 5000 List
- Guide to renting a luxury villa in Corfu
- Tourico Vacations Adds New Booking Platform With Discounted Home Rentals 8-40% Savings Over Competition
- Destiny Carries & LFG Wins Praise for Offering First-Class Destiny Carries and boosting for all Destiny Players
- Evolve IP® Named For Seventh Time to the Inc. 5000 List of Fastest-Growing Private Companies
- Chris Janson to Headline Subaru Country Freedom Festival at the Port of Los Angeles October 19
- Transcend Security Secures High Rank On Acclaimed Inc. 5000 List Of The Fastest Growing Private Companies In America for 2019
- Automation Intellect Raises Funding Round Led by StartFast
- California Advertising Company Celebrates 20th Anniversary
- VORAGO Technologies Receives NASA SBIR Award for Latch-up Protection IC
- Saranas Recognized as One of Houston's Most Innovative Companies
- Conspire Web Services reduces cloud backup costs by up to 25x