Popular on PrZen
- Janel Group Taps Chain.io to Power Digital Innovation
- Waco Family & Faith International Film Festival Launches with the Goals to Empower the Creative Spirit and Celebrate All
- Stange Law Firm, PC Opens Family Law and Divorce Office in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma in Oklahoma County
- World Encephalitis Day 2020 Encephalitis Conference
- Octobotic Corp announces Brian Sucher CFO Service,RRBB CPA ,Ross Carmel ESQ,Ahead of GCC
- Market Maker Files 15c211 for CEN Biotech Inc
- Former Brookstone and Home Depot Canada CEO Joins CEO Coaching International
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Conference
- PINC appoints Mike Medcalfe as Vice President of Customer Success
- JFK Air Cargo EXPO 2020 Finalized
The star of the sale is a recently rediscovered Italian modernist work by Surrealist artist, Enrico Prampolini. The painting was featured in the 1934 Vennice Biennale and is pictured in a photograph from that exhibition. It recently resurfaced in an institutional collection highlighted in the sale.
The leading American painting in the sale is a Jenness Cortez horse racing scene of Saratoga. In the composition the speed, movement and excitement of the race are captured as four horses race towards the finish.
Contemporary prints by Joan Miro, Frank Stella, Romare Bearden, Aaron Douglas, James Rosenquist and David Hockney will be offered. These prints are an excellent way to start a contemporary art collection.
Paintings by listed artists include a view of Carmel Valley by George William Sotter, a charming portrait of a young girl by Thomas Waterman Wood, a River Scene by George Ames Aldrich, a Portrait by Augustus Vincent Tack, a view of Lanikai Beach by Gabor Peterdi and a view of a house on Monhegan by Andrew Winter, among several others.
Several Connecticut artists are featured in the sale, Roger Dennis, Lief Nielsson, Bruce Crane and William Merritt Post. Other landscapes in the sale by Ben Foster, Chauncey Foster Ryder, Hayley Lever and Eliot Candee Clark will be available.
An online catalog for this auction is available on www.shannons.com. Previews will be held daily, starting Wednesday, January 13th, and continuing through Wednesday, January 22nd (closed weekends and January 23rd). Preview hours are 11AM-5PM (EST). The auction will start promptly at 2PM EST. Internet and absentee bidding will be accepted, telephone and live bidding is not available for the online auction.
If you would like to join the Shannon's mailing list, please email the gallery at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.shannons.com.
About Shannon's Fine Art Auctioneers:
Shannon's Fine Art Auctioneers is always accepting quality consignments for future auctions. The next auction will be a cataloged Fine Art Auction in April 2020 followed by anther Online Fine Art Auction in June 2020. To consign a single piece of artwork, an estate or a collection, you may call them at (203) 877-1711; or, e-mail at email@example.com. To learn more about Shannon's Fine Art Auctioneers and the Thursday, January 23rd auction, please visit www.shannons.com.
Shannon's Fine Art Auctioneers
49 Research Drive
Milford, CT 06460
Latest on PrZen
- One Park Financial Celebrates "Grovie Wellness Day"
- Contify Launches a Brand-New Mobile Experience with the Advanced Features of its Market and Competitive Intelligence Platform
- Zezgo Rent A Car the high-quality rental brand commences service in the Dominican Republic
- Symplast CPO Izhak Musli to Present "Maximize Your Sales Process" at the 2020 American-Brazilian Aesthetic Meeting (ABAM)
- Triangle Real Estate Group CEO Makes Top 25 List, Earns Industry Distinction With Real Estate Franchise Brand Leader
- Curly's Caffeinated Water Debuts at 250+ H-E-B Stores To Change How People Hydrate and Energize
- William E. Lewis Jr & Associates announces the formation of a credit repair component
- NATP announces its annual 2020 Tax Forums and Expo
- RI Chiropractors Concludes Healing Hands Glove and Mitten Drive for Big Brothers Big Sisters of RI
- Airforwarders Association Testifies at U.S. Senate Committee Hearing
- Peerplays Blockchain Standards Association Makes Investment Play in Education Game Startup
- Medicom Health Partners with Houston Hospital System to Help Patients Save on Prescription Costs
- Ancient Resource Auctions' March 14th online sale has authentic antiquities, ethnographic art, more
- Nova Fine Art Presents 'God's Plan' By Renowned Artist Stony
- KOLBUS is a new name in corrugated converting machinery
- KYOCERA's New AH100A Alumina Ceramic Offers Breakthrough Benefits for High-Voltage Insulation Applications
- That's A Wrap: The 14th Annual Beaufort International Film Festival Winners are Announced
- CEO Coaching International Makes Inc.'s List of the 250 Fastest Growing Private Companies in California
- Solutions for Airborne Coronavirus, Tuberculosis, Measles and Influenza
- Delirious Comedy Club Of Downtown Las Vegas Continues Nightly Laughter With Celebrity Comedy Series